Wednesday, June 18, 2008


Encyclopedia Hang Loose Hawaiica

Apparently Encyclopedia Britanica is turning the way of the wiki, allowing users to offer modifications to its entries on its online site. According to an official spokesman:

"...the new site will include three main categories of content: content created by the site's existing community of experts, content created by users and Encyclopaedia Britannica itself, which will incorporate aspects of the first two once they have achieved a "Checked by Britannica" designation."

I say no, no, no! That's too complicated. I can update you, Britanica. I have some solid experience with Wikipedia, and I know words and terms that the people like. For example, Hang Loose Hawaii, which the folks at Wikipedia seem to have taken a pass on. I can offer it exclusively to you, Britanica. Think about it.

No comments: